UPDATED MASS ATTENDANCE PROTOCOLS
As of May 29, 2021, vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks or distance themselves in Commonwealth of Massachusetts. However, at the Cathedral we will offer two options: Normal seating (pre-COVID style) or social-distance seating. (Social-distance seating will require those to wear a mask, for the protection of all seated in this area.)
- There is no need to make a reservation for Mass.
- Communion will be distributed during Mass.
- The Sign of Peace will be via a bow or wave of the hand.
- Offertory Collection will resume at the usual time. Donations still can be made via online giving thru the parish webpage.
- Daily Mass (Monday-Saturday) will resume in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel as of Monday, May 31, 2021.
- The precious blood will not be offered to the congregation.
- The use of personal hand sanitizer before communion is strongly encouraged.
- There will be two communion lines in the center, main aisle.
- If masks are worn in the communion line – After the priest offers you communion please remove your mask, consume the Eucharist, and then re-mask as you return to your pew by the side aisles.
Mass Departure Procedures
- All exits will be utilized during departure.
Church Cleaning Procedures
- We will continue to implement cleanliness and sanitization practices, including cleaning pews once a day.
- Disinfecting bathrooms, door handles, and other frequently touched surfaces occur throughout the week.
- You are reminded to follow CDC recommendations regarding your own health. If you fall into an “at-risk” category, please stay home and join us by Live Stream on Facebook (9:30am Spanish Mass or 11:30am Mass on Sundays) or Catholic TV. The dispensation from the obligation for coming to Sunday Mass has not yet been lifted.
Thank you for your patience and compliance!